APC UPS Maintenance Service Plans
Eliminate unnecessary worry and stress with one of our Critical Power Service Plans. We’ll ensure your UPS equipment stays reliable while improving overall performance and extending useful life. Unified Power’s Preventive Maintenance Plans allow facility managers to be proactive by giving them the opportunity to detect potential points of failure before they become expensive problems.
Customisable APC Maintenance Plans Including:
- 7×24 or 5×8 On-Site Corrective Maintenance
- Parts & Labour for UPS Electronics
- Parts & Labour for Batteries
- Guaranteed Emergency Response Times (2,4,8 & Next Day)
- Assigned Customer Care Representative
- Detailed Electronic Service Reporting
- Nationwide Field Service Coverage backed by 7×24 Service Dispatch
- Training & Technical Support
- Customer Satisfaction Reporting
- Preferred Contracted Customer Time & Material Rates for Service Outside of Coverage
Personalised service programs are available; contact your Sales Representative for more details.
Servicing All APC UPS Systems
Top causes of UPS equipment failure
In a survey published by APC in 2011 data centre professionals listed the top causes of UPS equipment failure:
- UPS battery failure- 65%
- UPS capacity exceeded- 53%
- UPS equipment failure- 49%
- Water incursion- 35%
- Heat related/CRAC failure- 33%
- PDU/circuit breaker failure- 33%
*Total exceeds 100% because users cited multiple causes of failure.
How expensive is it for a business during a power outage?
During a typical event, production stops, employees and equipment sit idle and sales are lost. According to the EPA, during the major blackout of 2003, total losses related to the power outage topped $10 billion. In a recent year, U.S. companies lost $80 billion due to electrical interruptions. Even for a small business a power outage can cost at least a thousand dollars an hour in lost revenue and productivity.